Thursday, May 10, 2007

Road Trip!

Today at approximately 1:00 PM I finally got the call I've been waiting over ten months for. Steve Huber from Huber Banjos called to tell me my new Jim Mills signature series banjo was ready to ship. That's exciting news!

When Ed Betts first heard about my plan to have the banjo shipped to an undisclosed location in the USA, he suggested a location and also suggested we make a little road trip/jam session out of it. When he read (right here on this blog) I was giving Harvey Arbo first chance to play the new banjo, he immediately said "We'll bring Harvey along with us. We can pick the banjo up, stop by the cottage for a couple of hours, have a tune, then come home." I think Ed is more excited than I am. Now that's a friend!

The banjo won't be shipped until Monday, May 14. Why a couple more days of delay? Well, it's just another example of the detail that Steve Huber thinks about when it comes to all things banjo. He doesn't want the banjo to sit in a UPS warehouse over the weekend in a location where the weather forecast is calling for high temperatures; he wants to protect the banjo from the extreme temperature.

If the banjo doesn't get damaged or lost in shipping it should reach its final USA destination by Wednesday, May 16. Ed, Harvey and I should be on the road the next day to pick it up. This will be just in time for the Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder concert in Moncton, NB just two days later on Saturday, May 19 where I'm hoping Jim Mills will autograph it and play a tune or two with it. Here's hoping all goes well!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thats Great News Mike Congrats Hope that the Banjo will be everything and more that you are expecting.Cant wait to see and hear it Fungus

Monday, May 14, 2007 11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home