Monday, April 09, 2007

Latest and Greatest Feedback Eliminator


I've been asked many times about the electronic equipment I use at the Bluegrass Friends jam sessions. I keep things pretty simple. I use a 12-channel Yamaha EMX5000-12 powered audio mixer, two Marshall Electronics MXL-2003 condenser microphones for vocals and either one or two (usually just one) Marshall Electronics MXL-603S condenser microphones for instruments. I also use a Behringer DSP1124P feedback eliminator which does a reasonable job at notching out the unwanted frequencies in a less than perfect room, speaking from an acoustic point of view.

While the DSP1124P is a pretty good unit for removing unwanted signals in the audio chain, as of late I've been employing an additional feedback eliminator. This new unamed model removes feedback of an entirely different type and it works great! I think I'll call it the Feedback Destroyer Pro II. See photo on right. Do it yourself types can easily fabricate one of these in less than 5 seconds. By far, it's the most effective feedback eliminator I've ever employed.

Applications for this model are unlimited. To date I've been able to use it while watching television, at concerts, and when I'm on the telephone with my friends. You'll probably find even more uses for it, limited only by your imagination.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sort of looks familar Mike.Are you sure this works?Ive tried it and it has never worked right unless I used hand Cuffs with it .ha ha ha Fungus

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Floyd said...

Well, sometimes there is a little kickin', but the screaming is gone!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's ok, Jimmie...you have to sleep some time.

Friday, April 13, 2007 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Floyd said...

You're a good sport, Hunny.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm amazed that more people didn't post comments to this remarkable blog - enough of you have seen it and laughed at me in person. I do look rather tamed down, I must admit, and the feedback is totally gone. Now I just need to manufacture a banjo feedback eliminator. I'm thinking a good strong pair of scissors might just do that job. Any thoughts on that?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:38:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Floyd said...

Do you mean a pair of wire cutters?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home