Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bluegrass, White Snow

Bluegrass, White Snow, written by Patty Loveless and Emory Gordy, Jr. is just one of many great songs on Patty's CD titled Bluegrass & White Snow, A Mountain Christmas. Included on the CD are some other upbeat Bluegrass tunes such as Christmas Time's A Comin', Santa Train and Christmas Day At My House, along with some traditional tunes including Away In A Manger, Silent Night, O Little Town Of Bethlehem, Silver Bells and more. This is definitely a must have Christmas CD - if it's not a part of your Christmas music collection, it should be!

The title cut, Bluegrass, White Snow is the tune I can't get out of my head at this particular moment; it's a real catchy tune. I worked out and practiced the banjo solo for approximately 4 solid hours today! Thanks to Ed Betts for suggesting we try this song last night while having a jam at his home. I've been waiting for the time when I would finally be capable of playing it, or at least be to the point within my banjo playing ability to have a stab at it, and for someone to sing the song as well.

At first, I thought the song was out of the realm of possibility for me, but a little determination and perseverence goes a long way. How about you? Have you been practicing your Bluegrass skills? Have you been practicing any Christmas tunes in preparation for the Bluegrass Friends Christmas party being held on December 17? If not, you'd better crack the whip!

1 Comments:

Blogger fungus said...

Mike You sure are right about Bluegrass White Sow.It has to be one of the best Christmas songs that I have heard in a long time.I think that it will become one of the LONG LASTING Christmas songs of all time.I too find playing it a real pleasure.The hamonies and the great pickng involved in preforming make it a naturl tune to learn for any musical minded person.I kno that we will be hearing a lot of this song in the future and Im glad to say that it is on my list of Best Ever Christmas nes.Merry Christmas to all Ken

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home