Monday, August 28, 2006

Ray Legere - Ready To Jam CD Review

Ready To Jam contains 16 Bluegrass standards performed by nine local new Brunswick singers - Jean-Marc Doiron, Serge Doiron, Francis Cormier, Vincent Cormier, Frank Doody, Gerry Richard, Dominic Cormier, Emile Robichaud and Paul Hebert.

Ray Legere played guitar, mandolin and fiddle, Russell Sawler played banjo, and Terry Poirier played bass. I can't believe how tight this CD is.

In the liner notes, Ray says "this CD was recorded with the hopes of capturing some of the 'fire' and excitement of a live jam." I believe the "fire" was captured!

AlthoughI've heard every song on this CD a thousand times over, and you probably have too, I can reccommend this CD without hesitation. The vocal arrangements are fresh and the musicianship is second to none. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed every cut on the CD. One of my favourite tracks is Paul Hebert's version of Down The Road.

The following songs are included:

  1. On My Way Back To The Old Home
  2. In The Pines
  3. Honey You Don't Know My Mind
  4. Pain in my Heart
  5. Down The Road
  6. Dark Hollow
  7. Don't Give Your Heart To A Rambler
  8. Cryin' Holy Unto The Lord
  9. Hold What'cha Got
  10. I Just Think I'll Stay Around
  11. I Ain't Broke But Badly Bent
  12. Little Maggie
  13. Bury Me Beneath the Willow
  14. Salty Dog Blues
  15. Banks of the Ohio
  16. It Won't Work This Time

An accompanying instructional DVD is in the works to go along with this CD as well as tablature. If you're ready to jam, buy this CD! For more information, visit Ray Legere's web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home