Sunday, May 28, 2006

Do As I Say, Not As I Do

I let two whole weeks pass without picking up my banjo to practise because I just haven't been in the mood lately. Not a good idea! Last night, I decided I was back in the mood for playing. I felt like I was starting all over again!

After a few days of practice, I'm sure things will begin to shape up again, but it's hard to believe how much you can lose in a very short time. We've all heard the expression "use it or lose it," but, in just two weeks?

Do as I say, not as I did. If you play a musical instrument, try to play it every day, even if you can only find 15 minutes. If you're not in the mood, try to get in the mood.

Perhaps, if you're a seasoned pro, you can get away with skipping practice a few days. But, if you're a struggling beginner like me, my suggestion is that you'd better find time to practise every day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home