Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rhonda Vincent - All American Bluegrass Girl

Rhonda Vincent & The Rage have done it again. Rhonda's latest CD entitled "All American Bluegrass Girl" is due to be released May 23, 2006, but thanks to CMT, I've been listening to the entire album for the past few days now.

The CD features a good mix of medium and slow tempo numbers, all performed flawlessly with her award winning band, "The Rage" and with her guest artists. I would have liked to hear a few more upbeat hard driving numbers, but there are a couple numbers that should start your feet to tapping.

The CD is definitely a keeper for bluegrass fans, and I'll be getting my copy when I see Rhonda Vincent & The Rage live at the Rogersville Homecoming Bluegrass Festival this August in Rogersville, New Brunswick, Canada. It's one of those CDs that grow on you - I find the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

As to the cover photo, from what I've read, it seems to have stirred up some controversey among bluegrassers. However, everyone that hangs out on Rhonda's message board (on her web site) seems to be raving about it, giving it the highest praise. From a bluegrass perspective, the photo doesn't speak to me at all. Fortunately, it's the talent of Rhonda Vincent and her band that keeps me coming back for more, year after year. I recommend you add this CD to your bluegrass collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home